- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, San Francisco, USA
- Certified Psychoanalyst (Training completed in Paris/France and Berkeley/USA)
- Licence ès Lettres, Sorbonne, Paris/France
Therapeutic Skills and Areas of Specialization
- 30+ yrs experience practicing psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis with young adults, adults and couples both in private practice and hospital settings. Work with a wide range of psychological and psychiatric problems, trauma- and abuse-related issues, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, sexual and gender-specific problems, gay/lesbian/LGBT and relationship issues, difficulties with cultural adjustment.
- My approach to the therapeutic process is psychoanalytic and interactive, with attention to cross-cultural issues and relational dynamics within the therapeutic setting, considering current difficulties in the context of early development and life history, as well as unconscious motivation. Short- and long-term psychotherapy; psychoanalysis. Frequency of sessions and fees are discussed on an individual basis.
- Couples therapy for heterosexual and gay/lesbian partners adresses issues with intimacy and communication, cultural conflicts, problems with parenting, etc.
- NGO work with victims of political violence and war, trauma, displacement, and cultural adjustment; consultancy and training for international Human Rights organizations.
Third Party Payments Accepted:
Currently licensed in the state of CA/USA. No. AMELI France. American and German
Health Insurances, some Mutuelles.